[nycphp-talk] Templating engines

Jake McGraw jmcgraw1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:22:14 EST 2008

Another benefit is you (the programmer) have complete control over
what variables get passed from the script to the public facing
template. Hopefully, you've hired a designer that knows better than to
do the following and reveal your db schema to the world:

// Debugging
echo "<!-- QUERY: $database_query, RESULT:
".print_r($database_result,true)." -->";

But if you don't, you won't have to worry with Smarty templates, if it
isn't assign()'ed or append()'ed it won't show up in the template
(though you should watch out for {$smarty.*} variables.

- jake