[nycphp-talk] OT - sound on HTML page

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 11:15:30 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Néstor <rotsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> This is not an PHP question.  It is a question about auto load sound on an
> html page.
>
> I am using the following inside an html page but it works on IE but it does
> not work
> in FF.  FF in rhel5 wants me load a plugin and FF on W2K does nto do
> anything:
>
> <embed src='dontworry.mp3' autostart=true volume=90 hidden=TRUE height=0
> width=0 />
>
> <NOEMBED><BGSOUND src="dontworry.mp3"></NOEMBED>
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nestor :-)

No no no, that's not complicated enough. Try using SoundManager2:
http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/

Since it uses Flash to play audio, it will work in any browser. Plus
you get javascript control over audio so you can put a big "mute"
button on the page.

Or you could wait for HTML5's <audio> tag. :-)