[nycphp-talk] Adding PostgreSQL with an XAMPP Install

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:57:56 EDT 2008

Joey,

Postgresql is a very good database. Its got a featureset closer to
Oracle or MS SQL. But enough on database religion, and on to your
question.

If you downloaded the postgres MSI for windows.It basically just
works, and gives you  an OK gui as well as a command line utility.
Postgres should run as a service with no problems after installing the
MSI.

Then you should just be able to enable php_pgsql.dll in php.ini (its
already included in the ext folder in xampp)