[nycphp-talk] Off the shelp CMS w/o the layout?

David A. Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 15:15:03 EDT 2009

Hi Peter.

I see you've gotten responses suggesting other CMS'es to use. I'm most
familiar with Joomla for a CMS. When it comes to having non-technical
people be able to update their own content, Joomla is very good in
that aspect I think. With Joomla you can write modules and prevent
non-technical users from changing it and keep it out of their way
entirely. There are admin pages and templates for the design to make
things easier for the programmer. I'm asking to increase my
understanding of the requirement. How is the layout in a CMS an
obstacle? I have seen mention of using only the Joomla framework
itself, but if you have what sounds like a need for non-technical
people to manage their own content it sounds like Joomla as a CMS
already has that available.

David Roth