[nycphp-talk] Is this XML valid?

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 23:45:44 EDT 2009

I've been using simplexml to parse XML and so far the XML I've had to
deal with has been pretty straight forward. Then I run across this XML
which I don't know what to call it or how it should be handled properly.

Here is a fragment of what I'm talking about:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<document type="db download">

<packages total_weight="15.8" total_packages="1">
<package length="147" width="5" height="5" weight="15.8"/>
</packages>

I was expecting each attribute and node to have it's own <> and </>,
and the data not to be surround by double-quotes or am I missing
something?

Thanks!

David