[nycphp-talk] A FBJS like Ajax proxy?

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Mon May 31 20:56:42 EDT 2010

> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Justin Dearing <zippy1981 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I often have to make such proxies for the sites we do, for various reasons. My proxies are generally of the one off type, but a "one size fits all" approach such as facebook's would be nice.

A couple more resources over at Yahoo:
http://developer.yahoo.com/javascript/howto-proxy.html
http://developer.yahoo.com/javascript/samples/proxy/php_proxy_simple.txt

I haven't seen an open source project that already exists for this, but seems like it would be trivial to take the yahoo example and extend it to work for any site and for json output in addition to xml.  Just need to be more careful for opening yourself to XSS attacks due to your open proxy or add some type of security checks in your proxy to only allow certain urls.

I just saw this page for the first time:
http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/FBJS_LocalProxy

Sounds like they're using a javascript-flash bridge to get around cross-domain issues.