[nycphp-talk] Rate limiters for sign ups for a site.

Anthony Wlodarski anthony at tinkertownlabs.com
Mon Aug 15 09:45:24 EDT 2011

I'm having a problem with spam bots and am currently research how to
build an effective rate limiter for our sign up form.  Currently I am
leaning towards IP based limits (with a certain time criteria).  Has
anyone ever had problems with this type of rate limit and corporate
proxies/firewalls where every user has the same IP address?  Also if
anyone has any interesting articles about this type of rate/velocity
limiting I would be interesting in learning more.

Regards,
Anthony

--
Anthony Wlodarski