[nycphp-talk] CentOS v Ubuntu

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 17:03:54 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Jesse Callaway <bonsaime at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just handle process priority, memory management, and open some sockets
> when asked. For the rest... stay out of the way. For god's sake don't try
> to maintain a "system" java that symlinks to the flavor of the month. Don't
> provide shared libraries. Don't provide printing services. Don't even
> install cron.

Yes, I would use your distro. I might install cron, but I get to choose
which one.

Seriously, Hans, maybe your client wanted to use Ubuntu Server because of
the GUI, but you should know better than to have a window manager running
on a production server. I suppose you'd let the OS automount any USB keys
that were stuck into the front ports, too?