[nycphp-talk] Happy 7th of July... Sort of

Phillip Powell phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com
Wed Jul 7 11:52:27 EDT 2004

Joel De Gan wrote:

>It is ridiculously easy to make activex controls to install in browsers.

That is, of course, given the typical Joe User's understanding of
ActiveX.  Do you truly think that Soccer Mom and Factory Worker Dad is
an ActiveX hack and/or has knowledge of or access to Delphi6?

I hate to say this, sometimes, we coders live in a world very far
removed from the rest of the known universe, the universe of "typical
people" that wouldn't know such hacks and would then not feel the need
to do so when surfing on Ebay for a 6-pack of beer.

Just a thought.

Phil

Phil Powell
Multimedia Programmer